21 May, 2009

Piano Instructor = Psycho Therapist

My instructor and I were discussing technique at the end of my lesson this morning, as previously mentioned I don’t keep my fourth and fifth fingers on the keys, and he informed me that women have weaker knuckle arches than men. This seems likely since women don’t typically tighten or use their fists on a regular basis.
The comparisons between men and women continued and my teacher made the comment that he is a psycho therapist. I laughed and facetiously replied, “Well then you can be my piano and relationship instructor.” To my surprise he pulls out these sheets of paper from his briefcase. On them were different jokes regarding gender differences.
One, titled “Buy Jeans at Gap” showed the diagram of a shopping mall. There were two colored pathways. The blue, being the man, went into the mall entrance and directly to Gap while the red, being the woman, made all types of turns and detours never even entering Gap. At the bottom of the page it listed the times for each. Man: a half hour and around $30 spent. Woman: 6 hours and around $800 spent. Classic.
Another, titled “Men Winning an Argument” was a graph. The Y axis described the percentage of men winning an argument with their other half. The X axis described the stage of their relationship. The level of arguments won during dating was moderate, but it went down hill from there. Rarely was an argument won during engagement and marriage... ya, the graph flat lined. I was laughing uncontrollably.
It reminded me of a video my cousins showed me a few months ago. I cannot convey in words how funny this is.
Enjoy.


1 comment:

  1. love the blog!! You did the design like you wanted. congrats :) and the blog was funny too!

    ReplyDelete