09 February, 2015

You Can Learn Something New Everyday

I believe life lessons, new perspectives and self growth can be found everyday and today I learned something from a job interview that will continue forward with me. Here I am, sitting in the "hot seat" in this beautiful conference room across from some of the four most accomplished individuals I have probably ever met. To say I was nervous would be a bit of an understatement. I'm sure the applicant pool for any position at BYU is vast and greatly experienced, but this one to facilitate networking and community building opportunities for students and alumni around the country has to have a huge draw. I feel honored to even be considered.

One of them asked if I would be happy and fulfilled outside the music scene where I have so much experience. Of course I answered with the best of my abilities during the interview. I thought as I left that I have never really asked myself that question. I realized walking out of the beautiful Hinckley Center that out of all the areas I have worked, education and service is truly the only area that could really compete. That's the only other field where I would feel more fulfilled. 

I'm not sure what that means in regards to my future, but no matter the outcome and employment decision, that experience has given me a lot to think about this evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment